Driving Impressions

appreciate your road-trip driving impressions of the Ranger posted just a bit ago, Tim. When I get freaked out how much a new full sized will be and think about mid-sized, the things that appeal to me about the Ranger is the drivability/ garagability, styling that’s not overwrought, the 2.7 coming, the seat comfort you've mentioned, the comfort of the rear seats. But the negatives you cited…road noise, in particular…and that monster screen could be dealbreakers. For $50k, makes me start thinking used full sized. Am anxious to test drive a 2.7 ranger whenever that may be.

appreciate your road-trip driving impressions of the Ranger posted just a bit ago, Tim. When I get freaked out how much a new full sized will be and think about mid-sized, the things that appeal to me about the Ranger is the drivability/ garagability, styling that’s not overwrought, the 2.7 coming, the seat comfort you've mentioned, the comfort of the rear seats. But the negatives you cited…road noise, in particular…and that monster screen could be dealbreakers. For $50k, makes me start thinking used full sized. Am anxious to test drive a 2.7 ranger whenever that may be.
I’m anxious to drive the 2.7 as well. That 2.3L is damn good though. I’m stunned it’s that good for a base engine.

Back