Dashcam

chaseydog

Was curious if anyone is using a dashcam. If so is it simply for piece of mind, has it actually paid off having the video in an accident or theft?

I have not but I plan on it for a new rig. I see so much strange shit I thought it would be cool to capture. Plus, to help determine fault during an accident. Not perfect but helpful.

As for experience, my son had one given to him and installed on his '23 Taco last year. Paid dividends in Dec when he was side-swiped by a Porche Cayenne trying to pass him on a snowy hwy. When the cops showed up and asked what happened, he just showed them the video. They were impressed and blamed the Porche driver, who fully admitted it anyway. But it's good to have the video in case the insurance company balked.

It's funny watching the vid and you see it coming, hit him, and then my son saying "you fu**ing idiot!". He said the trooper who watched it laughed and said "true statement"

So, I have a family member. This person, sorry to be vague, but you know. Anyway, this person has been in several accidents. Each time, this person has blamed the other driver. Now this person installed a dash cam in their new vehicle. Frankly, I can’t stop laughing at this idea. Why? This person is a terrible driver and I’m pretty convinced this person caused all of those accidents. I can’t wait until the enviable happens again and this person has footage showing their mistake to be used against them.

Was curious if anyone is using a dashcam. If so is it simply for piece of mind, has it actually paid off having the video in an accident or theft?
I have been researching dash cams for a while but never seem to be able to pull the trigger waiting for the next best thing I guess. 🤔 A good mid price one is made by MioFive for $179. Of course there are others that are twice as expensive and twice as cheap.

I have been researching dash cams for a while but never seem to be able to pull the trigger waiting for the next best thing I guess. 🤔 A good mid price one is made by MioFive for $179. Of course there are others that are twice as expensive and twice as cheap.
Linus Tech Tips reviewed several dashcams. They are almost all made by the same chinese company and sold under different names. There’s really nothing very good out there at this point.

Back