Chinese midsize truck - BYD

duggydo

Pretty impressive for a Chinese product. I am curious how much of the tech is pirated though. If they do build a factory in Mexico, they might sell quite a few in the USA & Mexico given how expensive other midsize trucks are now.

I watched one video where Andre said it drove pretty bad, ride wise, and a lot of it does look like a straght rip-off. It is much better than what China use to put out... one of the better Top Gear or Grand Tour shows was making fun of chinese cars.

What I do not trust from Chinese is simply the way they do business and take the control. People look at a cheaper price. But in fact, they dump stuff to the market even if they loose money so that they can kill the competition and then take the control, using unfair tactics, cheap workforce and no respect for environment. Once they have the control, then price will be what they should be.

How many clothing, furniture, chipset, etc. factories closed in NA! are we paying cheaper today for the same stuff? NO. They tried with CFmoto, even if they still sale a bit, lots of people realized after 4-5 years it gets very hard to get them fix. RECYCLABLE STUFF with no resale value.

I often take the example of garlic… yes garlic… they dump cheap garlic at 2-3 dollars for 5, but then it takes the entire 5 to get the taste of 1 produced locally which you pay 4-5 dollars for 3. Something to think about!

As much as middle east has a good control of the petrol worldwide, China is kind of trying to take over with electric vehicles. If they do, do not dream of paying a cent cheaper and factories in NA could shutdown, and we will see our tax dollars invested for the transformation going up in fume.

This entire thing goes way beyond products, it is very political and all about control.

That is my opinion.

The real question is will GM or Ford do anything about it, if their past actions are any indication they are whistling past the grave yard as we type.

What I do not trust from Chinese is simply the way they do business and take the control. People look at a cheaper price. But in fact, they dump stuff to the market even if they loose money so that they can kill the competition and then take the control, using unfair tactics, cheap workforce and no respect for environment. Once they have the control, then price will be what they should be.

How many clothing, furniture, chipset, etc. factories closed in NA! are we paying cheaper today for the same stuff? NO. They tried with CFmoto, even if they still sale a bit, lots of people realized after 4-5 years it gets very hard to get them fix. RECYCLABLE STUFF with no resale value.

I often take the example of garlic… yes garlic… they dump cheap garlic at 2-3 dollars for 5, but then it takes the entire 5 to get the taste of 1 produced locally which you pay 4-5 dollars for 3. Something to think about!

As much as middle east has a good control of the petrol worldwide, China is kind of trying to take over with electric vehicles. If they do, do not dream of paying a cent cheaper and factories in NA could shutdown, and we will see our tax dollars invested for the transformation going up in fume.

This entire thing goes way beyond products, it is very political and all about control.

That is my opinion.
The China phenomena kind of reminds me of the big box store takeover on hyper steroids with the exception that China wants to impose their political ideology globally.

I thought about this for a few days and I guess my feeling is I don't care that it's Chinese just like I don't really care that Japanese or German or any other country. The end result of this could mean that the US manufacturers have to up their game and reduce their price, That's a win for all of us.

Back