Breaking embargo

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
There are two worst things as a journalist: getting the facts wrong and breaking embargo. Embargo means I'm unable to talk about certain things like driving impressions. Turns out Ram also asked the pricing to be embargoed and I blew that tonight by publishing a video. Ugh. I hate it when that happens. I took the video down and deleted all the posts. Just frustrating to make a mistake like that. Typically it is only driving impressions that are under embargo.

The idea is to give all media a fair shot at publishing at one time with regards to embargo. An imperfect system at best.

There are two worst things as a journalist: getting the facts wrong and breaking embargo. Embargo means I'm unable to talk about certain things like driving impressions. Turns out Ram also asked the pricing to be embargoed and I blew that tonight by publishing a video. Ugh. I hate it when that happens. I took the video down and deleted all the posts. Just frustrating to make a mistake like that. Typically it is only driving impressions that are under embargo.

The idea is to give all media a fair shot at publishing at one time with regards to embargo. An imperfect system at best.
I had gotten through most of it, had a call and when I went back it showed as deleted. Figured something was talked or displayed that wasn't to RAM's liking but the price? RAM let you detail your 2025 order and the pricing to all, so how are we supposed to unsee those posts that had pricing in them?

Imperfect for sure, but RAM seems all of a sudden very sensitive about their option costs/MSRPs.

I had gotten through most of it, had a call and when I went back it showed as deleted. Figured something was talked or displayed that wasn't to RAM's liking but the price? RAM let you detail your 2025 order and the pricing to all, so how are we supposed to unsee those posts that had pricing in them?

Imperfect for sure, but RAM seems all of a sudden very sensitive about their option costs/MSRPs.

Like Toyota they're feeling the pressure on price. It's not coming across well.

Bad Timy😧

Sounds like an honest mistake….mistakes of the head, not the heart.

Let me guess, 2025 Rams are going to start at $30,000 and end at $50,000 for the Tungsten, right? :unsure:

I know its not your fault, but these guys are being a little silly. We all know what the price of trucks are these days so unless there is something earth shattering with the pricing I don't get what they're trying to do with the embargo above and beyond other facts of the truck like available features.

Let me guess, 2025 Rams are going to start at $30,000 and end at $50,000 for the Tungsten, right? :unsure:

I know its not your fault, but these guys are being a little silly. We all know what the price of trucks are these days so unless there is something earth shattering with the pricing I don't get what they're trying to do with the embargo above and beyond other facts of the truck like available features.
I agree. The big hold on pricing is odd. They also asked marketing to hold the build and price tool until Thursday as well. IMO they are now the most expensive truck on the market and you'll see why on Thursday.

I've since learned dealers have had pricing for a month so they can place orders. So, IF my local Ram dealer wasn't terrible, I could have gotten all the pricing and released it a month ago.

I agree. The big hold on pricing is odd. They also asked marketing to hold the build and price tool until Thursday as well. IMO they are now the most expensive truck on the market and you'll see why on Thursday.

I'm so glad I ordered my 2019 5 years ago. There is always a risk with first model year purchases but I knew prices were only going to climb.

Hopefully Ram understands it was an honest mistake. We all make them.

Yeah, they'll get over it Tim. Honestly, they need this release to go over well so they'll be "prickly" until it all hits the streets. They aren't like Toyota going in with all that confidence of a great history. They have been having a rough patch for some time with first diesel issue then another. Plus, they were so popular because you could get into something nice for a decent price. Hopefully, that continues. God knows their 2024s and leftover 2023s are taking a bad hit. Saw on recently $17K below sticker. Ironically, it was the little diesel in a Laramie.

Back