Bought YouTube subs

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
I'm curious on your thoughts about buying YouTube subs. TBC, I don't do it. I bring it up because I was going to do a collaboration video with another channel tomorrow. As I did my homework on the channel, I saw where the channel had 134k subs, but only 1.3m lifetime views and got started in April of last year.

Looking at the videos, there were no viral videos and the most popular ones had a few thousand views.

The channel had only 200 videos uploaded as well.

For reference, Pickup Truck +SUV Talk has 41 million views, 102k subs and 1,850 uploads.

I asked the channel owner and he said he did buy YouTube subs. For me, that's just a line I can't cross. It is unethical, cheating and smacks of trying to game the system.

Thoughts?

Man, Roman must be paying a fortune for the subs...:ROFLMAO:

Seriously, people rationalize their behavior for perceived gain...Most times it doesn't end well.

At least he admitted it, so there is some hope for their integrity.

I feel that they are cheating themselves when they buy subs. Not only are you not building an audience properly, you are not getting true feedback on what your audience likes and doesn't like. The price for subs must be cheap; otherwise, why didn't they just pay for advertising instead?

I feel that they are cheating themselves when they buy subs. Not only are you not building an audience properly, you are not getting true feedback on what your audience likes and doesn't like. The price for subs must be cheap; otherwise, why didn't they just pay for advertising instead?
I looked it up and one website said it was .55 for 10 subs. I imagine he spent thousands to get 100k+ subs. Just crazy to me. Buying an audience that doesn’t care about your videos or you. That’s just wrong on every level.

Hey Tim, as a part time creator, I decided a couple of things.

1. If I create compelling content, people will find me eventually
2. The content I create is for others, but it's for me too. I do it because I enjoy it and it's a creative outlet and some of the content I create is as much about preserving memories as it is about anything else.

I want viewers to find my content honest, ethical, interesting and useful. So I agree with you here. I was also thinking of seeing if you wanted to do some type of collaboration some day too, like when I get my Tacoma. But my channel is very small (194 subs, 24k views, 1.3k watch hours) I just started it in September of 23 and it feel strange for someone like myself to reach out to a larger channel like yours cause your gonna be like, "What's this person got to offer me?". And all I can say is my thoughts, opinions, experience, and integrity.

But I can see why people do pay for subs. It's super hard to get eyeballs on any content and I have a hard time understanding why one video gets x views and another gets y. Creating good content takes a long time when you do it on your own and in your spare time. Anyway, I'm glad you don't pay for subs and I think you are correct in that. It's a shortcut, and it might not pay off anyway.

I have spend a couple thousand dollars on equipment and services for creating videos videos and while I have a few Amazon affiliate links, I haven't made a $1 yet, but I'm ok with that too. If it becomes a supplemental income thing cool, for now I'll just create videos I want to create, get feedback and create better videos from there. I have appreciated your feedback on the videos you have watched and your suggestions as well. Thanks for all of that. Not many creators would off even that much!

Hey Tim, as a part time creator, I decided a couple of things.

1. If I create compelling content, people will find me eventually
2. The content I create is for others, but it's for me too. I do it because I enjoy it and it's a creative outlet and some of the content I create is as much about preserving memories as it is about anything else.

I want viewers to find my content honest, ethical, interesting and useful. So I agree with you here. I was also thinking of seeing if you wanted to do some type of collaboration some day too, like when I get my Tacoma. But my channel is very small (194 subs, 24k views, 1.3k watch hours) I just started it in September of 23 and it feel strange for someone like myself to reach out to a larger channel like yours cause your gonna be like, "What's this person got to offer me?". And all I can say is my thoughts, opinions, experience, and integrity.

But I can see why people do pay for subs. It's super hard to get eyeballs on any content and I have a hard time understanding why one video gets x views and another gets y. Creating good content takes a long time when you do it on your own and in your spare time. Anyway, I'm glad you don't pay for subs and I think you are correct in that. It's a shortcut, and it might not pay off anyway.

I have spend a couple thousand dollars on equipment and services for creating videos videos and while I have a few Amazon affiliate links, I haven't made a $1 yet, but I'm ok with that too. If it becomes a supplemental income thing cool, for now I'll just create videos I want to create, get feedback and create better videos from there. I have appreciated your feedback on the videos you have watched and your suggestions as well. Thanks for all of that. Not many creators would off even that much!
You get that Tacoma and let’s do a collab. I don’t care about your stats. I just enjoy interviewing and getting to know people.

Back