Blizzard = fun times

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
I just thought I'd share the weekend we had with everyone. It will help explain as well why I haven't been on this forum or responded to some YouTube comments.

On Saturday, a blizzard moved in with wind gusts over 70 MPH. This caused widespread issues with downed power lines and we lost power for about 10 hours. They actually set up shelters and many rural people won't have power for a few days.

I was supposed to fly out to San Diego on Sunday morning and I reached out to Toyota at like 7 am to tell them I was: in a blizzard, had no power and I couldn't see packing up and leaving the wife and kids without heat.

Luckily, and this doesn't happen that often, it worked out that I'm on a later "wave" aka group of journalists. I'm now driving to Denver to fly out on Tuesday and back on Friday.

I spent the morning doing some cleanup before the wind started again this afternoon. A piece of tin on the shed roof was bent backwards and our porch had some things ripped apart.

Frankly, between my current health issues, the weather, Jill going on vacation tomorrow and my work travel, I'm not sure how much I'll be available.

This pic from Facebook is literally a mile from me. Last count, there were over 500 power poles flattened by the wind.

IMG_8152.PNG

Yeah that area is on our list for a nice long overlanding trip in the future for sure!
Look up overlanding trails out of Ellensburg, WA. (Ellensburg is about midway N to S)

I've been on multiple parts of this but never on an overlanding trip, about the time I was debating gearing up for overlanding our friends and family started changing to travel trailer campers with groups. Fun, but I miss the simpler camping trips when my sons were younger.

Back