Another choice for an off-roading 1500

Dusdaddy

Here is a great choice for an off roader. The Polaris 1500 4-door. This was on display at the giant outdoor show in PA earlier this month. Equipped with HVAC, power windows, heated seats, cameras, and big screen in the dash. This one comes with the roof rack, front and rear winch, JBL sound system, 32" tires, and all the goodies you can see mounted up.

So what do you think this bad boy costs relative to a new truck?

PXL_20240205_214356940.jpg

And here's the cost. Trucks aren't the only thing that have gone up but if you want to play, you gotta pay.

You could get this, or you know, a fully loaded GMC AT4X or Ranger Raptor......lol. That's why I don't complain much about the truck pricing. I don't like it, but I get it.

77f03307-d46c-4b04-9cdd-ff27e5516c68.jpg

I'm always fascinated on how all these guys using anything from side by side to raptors and trx get stuck offroad; and then get their butt hauled out by a beat to snot chevy square body with upgraded axles and drive shafts (Rory from Trail Mater, Fab Rats) or a modded Cherokee (Matts Offroad).

So for me: I'd never spend good money on an offroader. I'd get a used jeep/square body etc and build it up. Far, far cheaper, and no worries when you inadvertently tumble her down a hill.

Here is a great choice for an off roader. The Polaris 1500 4-door. This was on display at the giant outdoor show in PA earlier this month. Equipped with HVAC, power windows, heated seats, cameras, and big screen in the dash. This one comes with the roof rack, front and rear winch, JBL sound system, 32" tires, and all the goodies you can see mounted up.

So what do you think this bad boy costs relative to a new truck?

View attachment 238
$30k.

I'm always fascinated on how all these guys using anything from side by side to raptors and trx get stuck offroad; and then get their butt hauled out by a beat to snot chevy square body with upgraded axles and drive shafts (Rory from Trail Mater, Fab Rats) or a modded Cherokee (Matts Offroad).

So for me: I'd never spend good money on an offroader. I'd get a used jeep/square body etc and build it up. Far, far cheaper, and no worries when you inadvertently tumble her down a hill.

Yep. My buddy has one on order that will arrive in late March. Just a 2-door version with less options but it does have the 32" tires and Rigid light bar. MSRP as built is $50,049. He'll probably get a free hat, maybe a T-shirt with that so not a terrible deal.....lol

As much as someone spending money on these confuses me I think of it as the same mentality with the setup of the vehicles I see constantly. The idea of modding a new vehicle and putting hundreds of pounds of gear on it and leaving it there. We all see so many "overlanding" new vehicles with roof top tents, recovery gear, bumpers, winches, lights, added bed racking, aftermarket wheels, much larger tires and all of the equipment is there on the wednesday morning drive into the office. It just really baffles me. Often you can't put 2-3 people in the thing and still be under payload. (This is the only part of the move to 4cyl turbos that I wonder about)

I know several people who really use their equipment and have a blast but it's so hard on the vehicles which are usually new'ish and $50k+. Many of them $70k+

I do think there are a lot of people with money to spend and some of those people own a lot of land. This is probably a great tool for them.

As much as someone spending money on these confuses me I think of it as the same mentality with the setup of the vehicles I see constantly. The idea of modding a new vehicle and putting hundreds of pounds of gear on it and leaving it there. We all see so many "overlanding" new vehicles with roof top tents, recovery gear, bumpers, winches, lights, added bed racking, aftermarket wheels, much larger tires and all of the equipment is there on the wednesday morning drive into the office. It just really baffles me. Often you can't put 2-3 people in the thing and still be under payload. (This is the only part of the move to 4cyl turbos that I wonder about)

That's one place I gotta give them credit. Even the 2-door version of this has a 1700lb payload and tows 3500. Not bad considering your box is so small.

That's one place I gotta give them credit. Even the 2-door version of this has a 1700lb payload and tows 3500. Not bad considering your box is so small.

I'd have to look back but I feel like it was Truck King that did a video on this a couple of months ago and it's a pretty remarkable machine I remember taking note of the payload during the video and was really impressed.

I'd have to look back but I feel like it was Truck King that did a video on this a couple of months ago and it's a pretty remarkable machine I remember taking note of the payload during the video and was really impressed.
When it was released, they and everyone else when it over it pretty good. I can't remember much negative except price of course. Hard to argue with it if you need something like that. A 3 cyl engine with a CVT tranny but it uses a steel cvt belt!

I think I'd actually test drive a few flat fender jeeps before pulling the trigger on one of these. Maybe even a Mahindra Roxor.

I also gotta ask if dial sport motorcycles can be driven on the road, why can't we have these on the road, once they meet basic motorcycle regulations? (turn signals, lights, ect.)

I think I'd actually test drive a few flat fender jeeps before pulling the trigger on one of these. Maybe even a Mahindra Roxor.

I also gotta ask if dial sport motorcycles can be driven on the road, why can't we have these on the road, once they meet basic motorcycle regulations? (turn signals, lights, ect.)

Alot of the counties and cities in the Pacific Northwest have begun to allow side by sides on the road as long as they're street legal. The standouts are of course the big major cities like Seattle, Tacoma etc. but when I'm driving around I see them all the time.

The problem with the Roxor is that it isn't road legal either. And surely cannot compete with this in abilities. It is cheaper though...

My brother got a screaming hot deal on some running and driving flat fender Jeeps from the estate of local guy (I have known him since i a was a kid) he bought them for basically scrap price, except for the last one which was $1500 and ended up being the highly desirable Ford built GPW, that has a Chevy 265 V8 swap.
The guy has about five wrecking yards full of old vehicles.
I am trying to buy a mint 1993 Mazda B2600i and a 1973 Ford F150 before they get crushed.

Back