All Quiet on the Ramcharger Front?

theotherdave

I have to say, one of the most interesting vehicles coming up is the new Ramcharger. Ok the SST in the new RAM is kinda interesting. But you can buy a Straight Six Turbo in quite a few other vehicles. I currently drive a 2022 Merc GLS 450 as a company car, and it has a Turbo Straight Six. One thing you learn quickly if you start driving a Straight Six - like everyone says they're awesome engines. They're reliable, and smooth, and powerful, and BORING AS HELL. No big rumble. Middle-to-high performance, no drama whatsoever. <sigh> <snore>. The Ramcharger is actually interesting in comparison. A LOT. I hope Stellantis doesn't welch on this platform. Haven't heard a lot about it lately, and that worries me.

I have to say, one of the most interesting vehicles coming up is the new Ramcharger. Ok the SST in the new RAM is kinda interesting. But you can buy a Straight Six Turbo in quite a few other vehicles. I currently drive a 2022 Merc GLS 450 as a company car, and it has a Turbo Straight Six. One thing you learn quickly if you start driving a Straight Six - like everyone says they're awesome engines. They're reliable, and smooth, and powerful, and BORING AS HELL. No big rumble. Middle-to-high performance, no drama whatsoever. <sigh> <snore>. The Ramcharger is actually interesting in comparison. A LOT. I hope Stellantis doesn't welch on this platform. Haven't heard a lot about it lately, and that worries me.
Still in the plans to be released this year. Just a matter of timing with the Ram HD reveal expected as well. My gut tells me Ram has too much going on with production issues to get some prototypes built for the reveals.

Back