A thought for Tim

It's just a game of numbers. The SUV enthusiasts are too brand focused like Jeep people or 4Runner folks. Too many forums for them already. Not much left but the people who don't really care about all the details, just the price, MPG, and if it has enough room for groceries.

I find the channel name a rather large mouthful, he should just rename to "truck talk" :unsure:
I agree and I'm always open to new ideas.

Let me give some back story and you'll see the difficulty. The channel was meant to be a podcast only. So, I went on the old iTunes store and started typing in different names. Truck Talk was a bunch of semi truck podcasts. I then tried Pickup Talk and it literally was a collection of pickup lines for single dudes. Fine, I'll just combine them. Boom! Pickup Truck Talk.

And then I thought hmm... if I only cover trucks, I'm going to have a hard time going. I didn't think SUVs could do enough to really move the needle on the views (and I've been mostly right), so I just added the "+ SUV." Nothing more.

I'd like to shorten it like TFL, but I haven't figured out a good acronym. I'm kind of stuck where its at right now.

We all know its Pick up truck + Suv.... so should Tim look into getting an SUV some year....
SUVs present a few problems. First, SUV doesn't have the same reporting rules for the IRS. I mean, a truck is a work truck. I don't track mileage. An SUV, I'd have to track mileage. Screw that.

Also, which one would you buy? Like others have said unless you pick out a hot seller or go real brand specific it is hard to get the views. There's also just not enough content there like there is a truck. Content = video ideas.

I wish I had the budget and the ability to own two vehicles a year. One could be an SUV then.

Actually, what I'd really like to do is rent a building and buy a new truck from each brand every year. Do a series on work trucks, then a series of mid-trim levels and then high-trim levels. Tow, haul, 0-60, etc... I think that would be amazing videos for people to watch and the channel would likely make some serious money. I just can't afford to pull off that idea right now. Maybe the channel will grow and I could do it.

Tim, one other idea would be to talk about the vehicle your wife drives as well. Like why did you pick that one? If she chose, why did she choose it? If you were involved, what guard rails did you put up and why?

Long term how is it holding up. I'm guessing it's an SUV so there you go! Free content!

Most SUV's are boring AF to watch review on. Nothing really matter on them. They are appliance meant to go from point A to point B and carry people. Are people comfortable and is the fuel economy good? Yup thank you next.

I know we could boil down truck to that level as well, but truck generate a lot more passion.

Tim, one other idea would be to talk about the vehicle your wife drives as well. Like why did you pick that one? If she chose, why did she choose it? If you were involved, what guard rails did you put up and why?

Long term how is it holding up. I'm guessing it's an SUV so there you go! Free content!
Yeah, we’ve done that with the Mazda CX-5 and the Trailblazer we bought last year. We need to do a follow-up on the Trailblazer.

Most SUV's are boring AF to watch review on. Nothing really matter on them. They are appliance meant to go from point A to point B and carry people. Are people comfortable and is the fuel economy good? Yup thank you next.

I know we could boil down truck to that level as well, but truck generate a lot more passion.
lol.....that's literally what every non-truck buyer says about trucks! "They are just tools. Does it haul enough lumber for you? Great, next." We are passionate about them, but most could care less.

The problem now is there is really no separation between SUV and Cross-over. Used to be an SUV was a body-on-frame heavy duty worker like the old Blazer or Bronco. Then the '84 Cherokee arrived and switched it all up. Still capable but more car like. I think the line now is "efficient people moving grocery getters" and something that can tow 5K+. That's where your truck viewing base shifts.

Back