2025 RAM ISSUES

Means to an End

Hello Tim
Long time follower of the channel, you do a great job, thanks. Similar to your latest truck order changes, I also recently cancelled an order I had in for a Toyota Tundra Limited Edition 1794... In favor of the new RAM RHO. I drove into the local dealer the day after the RHO announcement and it was a confirmed order on 4/29. I own a 2020 RAM limited now, which has been very solid, so if the RHO is as good as it looks on paper, - I'm excited.

So the question that arises now is... I have had small reservations about reupping on RAM after the UAW strikes, assuming any of the big 3 would have to make significant cuts in the process in order to recoup concessions made to the laborers. We all know, companies just don't say "We'll make less profit"... I have seen all the engineer jobs and non-factory employee layoffs of late. NOW, I am seeing posts and podcasts speaking to quality control issues with harnesses and modules that would normally be policed with former QC and engineer fixes. --- I am sold on the Hurricane HO w/o having driven it (confidence in you :)... But are you concerned at all about overall quality and reliability related to cutting corners, pulling cost out of the process and personnel layoffs?

Thanks for your insightful response! An RHO enthusiast.

Hello Tim
Long time follower of the channel, you do a great job, thanks. Similar to your latest truck order changes, I also recently cancelled an order I had in for a Toyota Tundra Limited Edition 1794... In favor of the new RAM RHO. I drove into the local dealer the day after the RHO announcement and it was a confirmed order on 4/29. I own a 2020 RAM limited now, which has been very solid, so if the RHO is as good as it looks on paper, - I'm excited.

So the question that arises now is... I have had small reservations about reupping on RAM after the UAW strikes, assuming any of the big 3 would have to make significant cuts in the process in order to recoup concessions made to the laborers. We all know, companies just don't say "We'll make less profit"... I have seen all the engineer jobs and non-factory employee layoffs of late. NOW, I am seeing posts and podcasts speaking to quality control issues with harnesses and modules that would normally be policed with former QC and engineer fixes. --- I am sold on the Hurricane HO w/o having driven it (confidence in you :)... But are you concerned at all about overall quality and reliability related to cutting corners, pulling cost out of the process and personnel layoffs?

Thanks for your insightful response! An RHO enthusiast.
First, thanks for signing up on the forum! People email me, but really this is much better.

I assume you are referencing this podcast: https://www.buzzsprout.com/581464/14912288-international-plant-visit-lay-offs

Yes, I heard the same podcast and saw a video on it. I thought about doing a video and then I thought better of it. Why? Well, think about it. Why would Stellantis want to sabotage the Ram only send some labor to Mexico? Imagine spending billions to sabotage to only move production to Mexico to save a few million? That makes no sense at all.

I listened to the podcast again and I feel like it comes down to just some disgruntled UAW members who are reaching to conclusions because they don’t like their management. And sorry, but I’ve never, ever met an engineer who didn’t take immense pride in their work.

Now could it be a supplier issue? Sure. Can that be easily fixed? Yup. Things happen.

As I wrapped up my thoughts on that podcast, I came to one conclusion. I feel even better about my truck purchase now. I mean, if those UAW members have that much pride in the work they do, then that makes me feel that much better.

Last edited:
Thanks double T’s. I agree with your expertise here. The initial thought I had when, I too, changed my mind was that any engineer layoffs effects would be more about future products down the road, as all of the 2025 has no doubt been baked for a couple years In the roadmap. The pending new TRX that’ll add a lithium battery to the RHO set up, will no doubt start at $100K and go up from there. I don’t anticipate entering King of the Hammers anytime soon, so 540hp should more than do. Everyone who has tested out the new Hurricane has positive feedback. Also, our RHO of course will be under warranty if there are any QC issues.

I’m still concerned for big 3 competitiveness post leveraging the farm for the UAW, but I agree that the RAM brand has been a great product and the formula has worked to date. - Let’s hope it translates 100% in the RHO. People talk a lot about the minus 6.2L but they don’t talk about all the pluses…. Massage seats, hands free, new tech in cabin, 2kW max bed power…. I dig my current V8, but haters come out for the wrong reasons. They can always buy a classic truck and watch a Fast & Furious marathon.

Thanks double T’s. I agree with your expertise here. The initial thought I had when, I too, changed my mind was that any engineer layoffs effects would be more about future products down the road, as all of the 2025 has no doubt been baked for a couple years In the roadmap. The pending new TRX that’ll add a lithium battery to the RHO set up, will no doubt start at $100K and go up from there. I don’t anticipate entering King of the Hammers anytime soon, so 540hp should more than do. Everyone who has tested out the new Hurricane has positive feedback. Also, our RHO of course will be under warranty if there are any QC issues.

I’m still concerned for big 3 competitiveness post leveraging the farm for the UAW, but I agree that the RAM brand has been a great product and the formula has worked to date. - Let’s hope it translates 100% in the RHO. People talk a lot about the minus 6.2L but they don’t talk about all the pluses…. Massage seats, hands free, new tech in cabin, 2kW max bed power…. I dig my current V8, but haters come out for the wrong reasons. They can always buy a classic truck and watch a Fast & Furious marathon.
I worked with GM engineers for a number of years and all were competent, dedicated, and didn’t cut corners. Most were also car enthusiasts. Typically these big companies will cut midlevel management first then they will try to cut down their R&D staff. Also they will farm out their R&D to subcontractors to save dollars. My ‘23 GMC SIERRA was made in Mexico and the fit and finish was excellent. People need to get over their phobia that things made in Mexico are substandard. That’s not true in my experience.

A video on this popped up in my feed last night. I watched a bit of it, but it was a YouTuber I've never watched before and a Google search didnt reaveal any other sources to validate the claims. I dismissed it as 'someone has more agenda than facts'. I do agree though there must be easier, and less costly ways, to move production than destroying customer confidence in the truck you just launched.

Back