2025 Ford Expedition

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
I'm editing my video now and writing up a website post here in a few. The embargo lifts at 8pm ET tonight, October 3. All I can say for now is I was pretty damn impressed by several of their decisions.

I'm editing my video now and writing up a website post here in a few. The embargo lifts at 8pm ET tonight, October 3. All I can say for now is I was pretty damn impressed by several of their decisions.
We love our 2020 Expedition Max but did have to have both front and rear differentials rebuilt around 70k miles. The interior layout and seating is just much better than the similar year(s) Suburban or Yukon XL. Excited to see what they've done with it.

The changes are really cool and I love the new exterior lines. The wheel tire combo on the platinum is gross looking but I get what they're going for. Do you know if the Temor replaces the Timberline or is it in addition to? My family is now 13, 14 in Nov, 15 and 16. We still rock the Expedition Max for all of our trips to our Cabin in Eastern Wahington and day trips. The best large family hauler. The eco boost is great and the 3rd row is MUCH better in the Exopedition than the GM 3rd row in the Suburban/Yukon. Jill never mentions it when she use to do her 3rd row comparisons but the C pillar and window in the GM twins is in a terrible spot. Kids in the 3rd row can't look out the window without leaning way back or forward to look out the 2nd row window. In the expedition the pillar is moved and they have full view of the 3rd row window. We as the adults didn't catch this until we test drove a few different options with all of the kids in the SUV. Also, the 2nd row captains chairs make the 3rd row much more of a less confined feeling space. In the expedition the middle part of the 2nd row folds down, another great option.

I was a little disappointed to not see the bread and butter model, the limited, which in the Expedition is below the platinum. Do you know the models available? Is it still XL STX, XLT, Limited, Timberline, Platinum in that order? Assuming King Ranch site between Timberline and Platinum?

Last edited:
The changes are really cool and I love the new exterior lines. The wheel tire combo on the platinum is gross looking but I get what they're going for. Do you know if the Temor replaces the Timberline or is it in addition to? My family is now 13, 14 in Nov, 15 and 16. We still rock the Expedition Max for all of our trips to our Cabin in Eastern Wahington and day trips. The best large family hauler. The eco boost is great and the 3rd row is MUCH better in the Exopedition than the GM 3rd row in the Suburban/Yukon. Jill never mentions it when she use to do her 3rd row comparisons but the C pillar and window in the GM twins is in a terrible spot. Kids in the 3rd row can't look out the window without leaning way back or forward to look out the 2nd row window. In the expedition the pillar is moved and they have full view of the 3rd row window. We as the adults didn't catch this until we test drove a few different options with all of the kids in the SUV. Also, the 2nd row captains chairs make the 3rd row much more of a less confined feeling space. In the expedition the middle part of the 2nd row folds down, another great option.

I was a little disappointed to not see the bread and butter model, the limited, which in the Expedition is below the platinum. Do you know the models available? Is it still XL STX, XLT, Limited, Timberline, Platinum in that order? Assuming King Ranch site between Timberline and Platinum?
The timberline is no more and gets replaced by the tremor.

Just 4 trims: Active. Platinum, King Ranch and Tremor. Yes, Timberline is replaced by Tremor.

I’m assuming the Active will have different package levels to replicate XL, XLT and Limited. There is a Stealth package I found photos for, but no details I could find. October 24th is when the order books open and I’m assuming we will learn a lot more by then.

Back