2024 Chicago Auto Show - What coverage are you looking for?

This years CAS will have some cool cars, trucks plus SUVs like the 2024 Toyota Landcruiser, 2024 Toyota Tacoma and more.
Is there something from the show you would like to see more of?

Post up and Let ATN and Pickup truck talk know

I'd love to see if Sandy is on display at the Hyundai section. (Jill's Santa Cruz from the Rebel Rally)

For fun, see if there are any heavy duty trucks there, commercial Chevy 5500 with dump bed, and compare the price against a 2500 High country. Also see which one is easier to get into.

Considering you can't drive them, start them, or even sit in them much at auto-shows, not much you can do except show colors and go over spec sheets. Since new models are no longer released at auto shows, there really isn't much purpose for journalism. Good for us public people to see the new stuff though.

Considering you can't drive them, start them, or even sit in them much at auto-shows, not much you can do except show colors and go over spec sheets. Since new models are no longer released at auto shows, there really isn't much purpose for journalism. Good for us public people to see the new stuff though.
Not so sold on this conclusion. We’ve done a lot of coverage in the past that’s done pretty well.

Sure, then have fun with it. Hopefully, there is something new, but I don't know what. They just released a bunch of vids from the Texas show that were a hard pass, same stuff, different city. Sadly, until the Tacos and Rangers actually hit the street, not much else can be said about static displays that haven't been covered. I know, it sucks when new content is slim.

I like the 5500 vs 2500/3500 comparison. Not sure about the general appeal for other people but looks fun.

Coverage on the new Ranger! Could someone pull the back of the seat down and see what kind of storage and platform it gives you? I know the media drive is coming soon but it would be nice to have something to watch while waiting since almost all of the coverage dates back to May 2023.

A backseat space/storage space comparison between all of the mid size truck, kind of like Jill did with three row SUV's a while ago. It's nice looking at spec sheet, but every manufacturer measure the legroom differently and a real world comparison would be nice.

If there's something new debuting I would be interested in, if not, meh. If there is then I would like to see a comparison walk around with high level details.

Back