2023 best trucks for the money, longest lasting

FUBARMEDIC

The issues I have with iSeeCars newest "study" is that it doesn't gel with their previous study results (see below) they base their milage estimates off of vehicles for sale (so if people aren't selling their 200k mile trucks they don't count.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240119-215618.png
    Screenshot_20240119-215618.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 6
The issues I have with iSeeCars newest "study" is that it doesn't gel with their previous study results (see below) they base their milage estimates off of vehicles for sale (so if people aren't selling their 200k mile trucks they don't count.
That’s a solid point. I think they would argue statistically they have enough samples to make conclusions. I agree with your point as well.

Consumer Reports is the same way BTW. I’ve talked with them over the years at events or through email. They feel like they have enough responses to their surveys to validate their data.

That’s a solid point. I think they would argue statistically they have enough samples to make conclusions. I agree with your point as well.

Consumer Reports is the same way BTW. I’ve talked with them over the years at events or through email. They feel like they have enough responses to their surveys to validate their data.
I can see their point on data sample size being large enough. But when it comes to smaller selling items (relative to data) I e. (Titan, frontier, Ridgeline, GMC Canyon) you get weird results. Like them saying it's one of the more likely trucks to make it 200kmiles in one post, and showing it has the fewest recalls from carcomplaints.com, then saying its the least cost effective and will only make it 150k miles in another post. They change the data parameters and then get two polar opposites results. Makes it hard to trust their research in a way. Lol statistics can prove anything right.

When I read the consumer reports truck reviews it seems like they compare the ride and handling to cars or suvs resulting in an overall poor numerical rating. I think that’s one Of the big reasons the Ridgeline scores so high. If you look at the overall rating, it looks like none of the trucks are any good.

Back