New engines for Tundra and Lexus

These two issues were really bad for toyota, they got caught and agreed to pay over a billion dollars, to avoid prosecution, for lying and trying to cover up the accelleration issue. The rust frame issue took way too many years to acknowledge, address and solve. In the end they didn't .... they lost a class action settlement for 3 billion dollars. Lots of people got screwed.

I'm not sure these two issues are good ones to cite as a reason to show how Toyota stepped up and did the right thing.

I understand a lot of vehicle manufacturers have been caught up in bullshit, there's proabbly not been one that hasn't. But I can't think of an industry over the last 10 years with more cover-ups, fines etc.
You can't single out Toyota for stuff they all do. And if I cared enough, I could pull just as many articles up about others, but I don't. It's common for all of them. Remember the Ford/Firestone fiasco? They fought that forever instead of just fixing it immediately. Or the GM ignition switch scandal. And every damn Japanese maker was involved in the crash testing. As far as the unintended acceleration, Toyota conducted recalls, but nothing was ever really wrong. They did it to appease people. They didn't "cover anything up". It was like the GM side saddle fuel tanks. Nothing really there. But you can't fight the media. Like TFLs Taco diff. Created so much talk, but amounted to zero other cases ever being found.

Yes, they screwed up royal on these Tundra engines, no doubt about it. But I stop at a big corporate cover-up. Same with GM in their failed Colorado motors, found it, fixed it. Nobody knocked them, they did the right thing. But you must have a serious beef with Toyota. You comment more about the negative stuff than anything. Never owned one myself as I always felt they were overhyped my owners, but I cannot deny their appeal. I feel Ram should have done something about the lifters in the hemi, but they won't even acknowledge a problem exists. I still own one, but I don't really think they are dishonest; they just don't have nads to step up and admit anything is wrong.

100,000 x 30,000 = $3,000,000,000. OUCH. 💰💰💰
so here is my question there has been some talk about why the 24 was not included in the recall. I'm wondering if they are going to wait till the 25 drop and then say oh ya if you have a 24 you get a new engine also? mine was build in 4/24 so I'm thinking I'm going to be ok but one never knows have you heard anything down the pipe??

The 24's and any Hybrid have not yet been addressed but we know the hybrids are affected as Toyota said they are but weren't included in the original recall because with the hybrid system they retain motive power from the battery. The thought is they can move themselves out of harms way so not a critical safwety issue. My guess is they are hoping the normal warranty process will handle those. No official word on the 2024's but there does seem to be issues happening with them. Hard to judge scale though.

The 24's and any Hybrid has not yet been addressed but we know the hybrids are affected as Toyota said they are but weren't included in the original recall because with the hybrid system they retain motive power from the battery. The thought is they can move themselves out of harms way so not a critical safwety issue. My guess is they are hoping the normal warranty process will handle those. No official word on the 2024's but there does seem to be issues happening with them. Hard to judge scale though.
God forbid they have to try and get an engine fixed via a warranty claim with Toyota. This article is starting to make the rounds about how Toyota denied a warranty claim on a blown GR Corolla engine. The explanation from Toyota is baffling. It actually looks like Toyota might have had ChatGPT write the denial explanation.

Back